Sunday 22 February 2015

Rumbly tummies

I am beginning to feel the presence of the Preserver amongst us... In other words, I feel we're getting closer to the release of Feast of the Preserver.

Brian has sent me a beautiful pencil sketch of the adventure's setting, the small silver mining village of Barrowton. Brian is just the best cartographer I know and he takes the time to make the maps look really great. One thing I want customers to associate with Shinobi27 Games is our attention to detail with both the writing and the illustrations.


As you can see, a lot of thought has gone into this map - I'm as anxious as anyone to see this fully rendered in ink and eventually color.

An additional feature of this adventure is the concept of survival horror. I was aiming towards a similar atmosphere with The Trolls of Mistwood but it ended feeling more high fantasy based on some reviews. I know the DCC RPG Funnel adventures are all really survival horror in one way or another but Feast of the Preserver is designed to test the courage of seasoned adventurers.


Similar to our first adventure The Trolls of Mistwood, Feast of the Preserver has a detailed history and tragic culture to the people of Barrowton. The horror that has befallen them has occured to a certain extent through the fault of their own making. PCs need to be careful who they trust...


So I'm truly hopping for a March release and I'm planning to have print copies available through RPGNow.com on release. I hope I have some eager judges waiting for this one. It will be quite the feast.






No comments:

Post a Comment